Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer in Austin

It has been a doozie of a summer in Austin -- we have had 53 days of 100+ F for June, July and August so far.  And the heat just keeps coming...!  Our normal weekend routine includes running our errands early in the day and swimming in the afternoons.  The kids are not phased at all by the heat, aside from Matt and I complaining about it when they ask to go play outside :-)

Some water coloring outside in the shade...








Swimming now involves first letting Jack & Kara's pick out their favorite swimsuits.  Kara likes anything princess and has a princess swimsuit (thanks to Grandma D) and Jack's current love is Spider Man (I believe this is also a Grandma D purchase from last year)...

And Ainsley doesn't care what she is wearing as long as she can go swimming...

While Ainsley has zero interest in princess stuff, Kara is the princess of the house.  She wears her princess attire every day.  Most nights even to bed.  And forgive anyone who takes her crown...

1 comment:

Princess said...

I love those lovely sweetums!