Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good Weekend

We have now spent two weeks in Austin and we are starting to feel somewhat back to normal.  The kids are happy and have adjusted really well to living in the US.  Matt and I have adjusted to commuting in our cars and doing endless chores, and while the weeks are long, it makes us appreciate the weekends even more.  Life is really good.

Grandma and Grandpa D are in town for a visit!  The flight from Ohio to Texas is much easier on them than flying all the way to Singapore.  The kids are in heaven with Grandma D, Grandpa D, and Pa all in our house to dote on them.

Kara showing off the jewelry that Grandma D brought her:

Since everyone tells us that Kara looks like Grandma D, I asked them to cheese it up for the camera, side by side:

Ainsley on the back deck holding her egg of jewels (with Pa in the back grilling our dinner):

Jack's necklace from Grandma broke and he hid the beads in the tree.  I would like to point out that he is wearing underwear!!  Not all the time, but huge progress for Jack.  A bit too casual that he is wearing underwear in the backyard, but after debating with him his desire to be naked in the backyard, underwear seemed like a fair compromise:


Our neighborhood had a Spring Fling party at the local park on Sunday.  The kids hunted Easter eggs, played games, decorated cookies, and got to pet/see animals.  Of course the kids loved it.

Ainsley with her Easter egg loot bag:

And the cookie that she decorated:

Jack petting a goat:

Ainsley riding a pony:

Kara's turn on the pony, she wanted Pa to hold her hand:

What better way to end a great weekend than Tex-Mex at Maudies :-)

Jack normally loves chips and salsa, so he stared the night with salsa...
 ...but it wasn't long before he ditched the chips, picked up a spoon, and started eating the queso.  I can't fault him, that is what I wish I could do too! 

We get to enjoy a full week with Grandma/pa D.  While they are in town Jack is bunking up with the girls.  So far no fights or mischief...we'll see how long that lasts! 

1 comment:

smusti said...

So good to see you all back in your comfort zone. Looks like the weather is to your favor as well. I need to dig out my sweater and jacket for my trip to DC later this week. Miss ya, my friend!