Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CC

Cynthia Ann (Parman) Capps, aka "mom" and "CC" was many things.  She was a daughter, a sister, a friend, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother.  So many people will miss her.  I feel lucky to have been her daughter, and to have been the recipient of her unwavering love for so many years.  She used to tell me how much she loved being a mother, and how much joy Kevin and I brought to her life.  I have loads of great memories that I will forever remember, and so many stories I will share with my children. 

The picture below was taken December 2009 in Singapore.  Mom and dad came over for a two-month visit.  I took this picture at Riverside Point, after we ate dinner.  I like this picture because both mom and dad look happy, and it reminds me of all of the places my mom and I traveled together.  If I add up all of the road trips and air travels, we put in a lot of mileage together. 


It is tragic that my mom passed away so young, only 62.  She was not finished living and desperately wanted to see her grandchildren grow up, and to enjoy her family.  It was a long battle she fought with cancer, more than ten years total.  She fought hard and never gave up.  Even in the end, when doctors said there was nothing they could do, she was hopeful for a miracle. 

On January 18th, many people lost a friend in Cindy, my grandmother lost her eldest daughter ("Sis"), my aunt lost her sister, my dad lost his wife, my brother and I lost our mother, and the grandkids lost CC.  So many important and painful losses.  As CC watches over us all, I will smile knowing that I was blessed with a really great mom, and I will do my best to show the same love and devotion to my children.

I love you, mom!

No comments: